Friday, December 25, 2009

Ras Salmiya Post office


Since few years Iam visitor of this post office .This post office is housed in building with tower located near salmiya coop and police station. I will load photograph soon about this post office.
I was using small packet service from this office and near Christmas when i went there to post 7 packets as soon as that counter clerk saw these packets she said no more small packet service.
If you want to send it you must sent it by letter post. i said OK show me written something written from ministry. She said go to manager but unfortunately manager wasn't there as usual.
I had no option that day because Christmas was already quiet close. I have decided to take this forced option .
I counted money from my pocket but not enough so i posted some packets and then went to gulf bank to change money Brit pounds to kd. I came back to post office and posted the rest.

I have longgggggg list of complaints about most post offices. this post office is i think one of the best in Kuwait i should admit. There are few members of staff they are really nice and helpful.

Next day i tried to contact post master of Ras salmiya but he wasn't available. two days latter i tried to contact him again by the phone and lucky me he was available. I got connected to him and i have asked him why his staff refused to give me small packet service. He said ministry changed it . There is no small packet service available. I said OK could you show me notification from the ministry about this big change. He said no because they told by phone. waow interesting answer and never knew that post master could lie as well. Anyway he told me if you want to talk further come here. I asked him what is your name? He answered he is not going to give his name because Iam going to publish it. I told him Iam not going to publish your name but he refused. He should know there is only one ras salmiya post office and there is only one postmaster.
HE should know rules of Kuwait officials must wear their id with name on it.

Anyway telephone conversation with him i started my fact finding mission postal pricing and made trip to head post master of Kuwait which is based in mishraf coop. He was absent from his office at the time of my visit. His secretary took my number and said someone will be in touch with me.
I found price list of postal services in Kuwait in pocket guide of Kuwait. I have rang them and asked them is there any recent changes in postal prices. they said no as far as since few months.
When i looked in there website they had price list but i asked them if they could confirm it.
Thanks to the Kuwait pocket guide staff for her help to find the facts. She confirmed it that this is the right and recent price list which has prices of small packets.

What are your comments regarding this price list updated on Kuwait pocket guide Mr. post master of Ras salmiya post office. You could check on their hard copy or from their website.

here is a link of kuwait pocket guide where could find prices pleas copy it and post it in yout post offices.You must display price list on your counters .

http://www.kuwaitpocketguide.com/amenitiesinfra.asp#POSTAL%20SERVICES


DO YOU NEED WASTA TO POST 17 January 2010

surprising to know you need wasta too in post offices. I took wasta and same lady who refused to take my packets since november 2009 got scared a bit and took my four packets without any question. Prior to this she was insisting that post office stopped small packet service and you have to post it as a letter post.Post master of this office has confirmed her statement to me over the phone by lieing that ministry has stopped small packet service(but before giving this false statement he should know that small packet serverice is provided Internationaly not only by his office. When I asked him if he could show me notification then he said that no they told me over the phone.

Again they refused to refuse small packet 31 january 2010
I arrived to the post office this morning and they refused to give me small packet rates. After long arguments they gave me name of their inspector in mishraf.
Strange thing is they are thinking that iam looking for favour.It is not my problem you doesnt like to serve people the way it should be.
So i left this post office to see their inspector in mishraf.
I will update

No comments: