Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mineral water from paradise

“Diamond “ ?
Another company shocked me  to my foundation (by the way I have no foundation) that
which might be shocking to most of us is one company handed me one small bag printed
on it word “ Diamond” and this bag has two small pieces of silicone rubber moulded  As ear plugs.  As soon as I came out of  the shop in kuwait “Hassan” opticians hearing department.  There was one Indian guy wearing sun glasses ready to enter the same building where this shop is located. I just said to him
hello and he came near to me and shuck hand. He asked me how are you and I replied to him iam trying to recover from a shock of  being robbed for 40 pounds (20 KD). I told him do you know this bag has diamond to me because it says diamond. He looked at the
bag very seriously and said it looks to me two small pieces of plastic instead of diamonds. He said no problem we can get it made from India for 5p each or even less.

Mineral water from paradise
Iam not against making money in business but making money through false claims about product and put prices like hell to empty vulnerable customers pocket. Few years ago someone imported to Kuwait  bubbles liquid for children about 4Kd (£8) each and many
People bought it. What a rip –off it was because for this price you could have bought many  bottles of washing liquid which is much concentrated ingredient of bubbles solution. I remember my childhood when present day leisures were not available and we used to make bubbles by putting  few minutes soap bars “Lifebuoy”  in  small bowls and then wheat straws to make bubbles from it.. One importer even went one step further by importing mineral water packed in dark blue bottles in different sizes. Where one shop display this pile of water bottles they also displayed a long story of this mineral water and priced it at about KD4 (£8 ) for one litre bottle. Whatever it is or brought from caves or mountains through hard work or fairies or by donkeys at end of the day it is water and not worth more than few pence. If you look prices of  holy water from macca “zamzam water” sells 2 gallon bottles at price of KD 1.5 (£3 for 2 gallon bottle).

Garages from the hell 

It is general trend  in shops and businesses i.e  I have bought Toyota jeep  fan belt for KD18  (£36). When I have paid this type of price I wrote a complaint and put in their box but never heard anything from them. The same company again and took car for minor repairs like window wasn’t winding?  A Lexus car hardly used its windows maximum about 15 times? Anyway their “customer consultant” have told me it needs a small rubber and costs KD 50 for this repair. As soon as I have heard this silly price for small repair Iam nearly blasted and told him you are  a thief. As soon he heard the word “thief” he replied to me don’t call me thief.  He called his service manager and he took me in his office . I have asked him how many hours it takes to change the rubber? I have told him if even inexperienced person try to change it which takes maximum one hour. He agreed yes it doesn’t take much time. How much is the rubber cost? KD 3 (£6). He proudly mentioned that they charge KD 15 (£30 ) per hour for repairs. Ok now If I calculate It shouldn’t costs more than KD 18  (£36) because it is few minutes job. The luxury cars usually don’t have complicated things that are why their window panels have no screws and they used just silicon to stick it with door. He didn’t accept my last offer of KD 20 (£40) but he insisted for more but I left the garage . It is situation with one big and well reputed company of Kuwait

No comments: