Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ring of conmen


Few years ago one Pakistani building contractor have told me Kuwait is the country where you could collect money by sweeping. It doesn’t mean go for sweeping jobs. He meant you could get money very easily. He repeated this statement again after few years.
Oh yes now I remember what he meant. One day I was in mangaf area of Kuwait and he came with a plan to export machinery to Pakistan Sahiwal from where he originally come from. He told me I have talked to one company in sahiwal and lets ring them. That day his line didn’t connect and few days latter told me he has spoken to the company  and they are willing to import few containers of machinery. I have asked him how about the payment? He said they will pay after selling the machinery. Ok what about shipping? Who is going to pay? Oh what a good idea he has given? I have to pay the shipping as well. I just told him that I don’t want. He proudly told me that he have applied for uk visa twice but refused. This statement actually heard from him many times but this time it clicked more because someone was trying to rob me at the same time and he came by chance uninvited. One of his friend just arrived back from Pakistan after visiting his family in Pakistan. They are two brothers of pathan ancestory from Abottabad and living in Lahore. I went to meet him in Hawally area of Kuwait. As soon as I arrived he again came there. Anyway I have asked this pathaan guy that don’t you have draws (cupboards)
for your clothing because all clothes were hanging on hat stands. He said he is thinking to go to sauq juma (Sunday market held on juma in Muslim countries). I have told him I have two one three meter and other one meter wide. As soon as he heard this he suddenly asked with similar to funny smile? is it as gift or with money? I told him if you want as gift iam willing to give you as gift. Few day leter he came to my flat to see these draws and I have told him that I have lots of other household stuff if he is willing to buy. As he was going through the stuff that Sahiwal guy rung him and told him he is coming to him. This call made him bit worried about the deal. He said to me I will give you offer later. This Sahiwal guy arrived and went through all stuff with him. He called his two men with tool box to open the drawers. They dismantled the drawers and loaded the stuff on the van. They put all the stuff in the van and left drawers and few bits and told me they will collect this next day. Next day they came and collect few things like thieves and left the drawers. this guy rung me told me the situation of the stuff and in other words

the whole stuff which was more than big van load has no value at all. It was big shock and I was almost speechless and I told that you came for drawers and took everything and left drawers. He said oh yes he was in need of drawers and they left these drawers there. I told him ok send them again and he said they had problem with police while they were coming. Next time his statement was  had accident. I went to his work place although he arrived an hour later and went through all stuff like computer is slow problem with tv and other words everything is shit. If someone bother to ask this type of shit ass hollers if  everything was shit then why you have bothered to bring it and left your desired cupboards. Anyway he has business in area of Amgra. While I was waiting for him one of his employee of Indian origin was sitting there and watching television. He started by asking about immigration rules in Kuwait. He told me he is living in Kuwait without any visa since years. I asked him how you could live without visa? He told me no body comes here for checking and hundreds and thousands people working in amgra are without visas. They work eat and sleep here. Most of the illegal workers from amgra hardly go out of their work place. So they don’t need to worry about anything like visas. He has told me many companies even have no trading licences. According to him many agricultural farm workers in  Abdaly and Wafra have no visas and employed by the companies at lower wages and kept in appalling living conditions.  

No comments: