Saturday, October 12, 2013

Who mixes stones? in food Internationaly

Many children have been killed by contaminated food in Indian school due to lack of control on food stuff. It was one evening couple of months ago that I had severe attack of pain in the stomach. The pain was so severe which lasted about half  minute that I thought it is end of my life. I went to hospital emergency in Kuwait.  They said I have to bring letter from my local clinic. Oh I see I thought  it is emergency he replied yes it is but we accept patients with doctors refers. So this was a emergency ward of Mubarak al Kabeer hospital Kuwait. I think this type of emergency wards could kill people in real need of treatment by just returning back to their clinics. What about if someone has heart attack?   arrive to the hospital emergency by bus and then hear word “Maafi Inglisi” from the receptionist after waiting in the queue. No wonder many people die before receiving medical help in third world countries Africa and middle east. Anyhow I then went to clinic and got letter. The emergency  was full of patients. They performed basic tests on my urine and done xrays. I was lucky that they didn’t find anything  and found out I had kidney pain. This made me bit of health conscious about food I buy and consume.   I have bought recently some spices including cloves and black pepper from Kuwait COOP. When I was going to grind it came to my mind I should better check it for rubbish they mix in food stuff. First I started to go through black pepper packet and
Astonished to find one stone exactly same size and look of  black pepper. After finishing with black peppers I started with cloves packet and found out two stones same size and look of cloves. I wonder why Indians or Pakistanis and even middle eastern traders mix stones, sand and ground bricks in food. If they must mix they should mix some sort of  peas or beans which are not harmful to human health. This is picture of  stones found out in  black peppers and cloves


Once I was making a paste of tamarind (which is mostly of Indian origin especially in the uk) and found a black bit with some suspicious look and then I looked through minifying glass and found out these few packs of tamarind were full of dead small aunts. Thanks god it wasn’t that bad as stones in food stuff.
It doesn’t end on mixing stones in black pepper or cloves but found out couple of years ago in one piece of stone in chickpea pack bought in Manchester and packed by one of the company from Bradford. It was same size and brownish stone same look as black small chickpeas. This story doesn’t end here. I have first noticed stones in white dry chickpeas decades ago in Germany and complained about it to the German shopkeeper which she just took it as nothing by saying she can not  do anything because these are not from other country. These stones similar to white chickpeas in size and colour still coming in especially from Indian and Pakistani origin. I think they have secured a large amount of these stone which are still making money for them.
I have written many times about fresh date’s especially Saudi origin in packets have trace of sand in it. I have tried it in different countries and  found it everywhere. Once it came to mind that might be due to its origin which is sandy deserts  are prone to sandstorms but why dry dates have no trace of sand. If dry dates are possible without sand then why not these slimy ones. It is really unsolved mystery to me till now. Few years ago I went to health food shop Holland and barrette and bought some stone less dates origin Iran and while I was eating I have chipped my tooth due to stone (stone not from the date but rocky) in it.


There is another dates packed in small packets “tamoor al madinah” dates from madinah  has traces of sand and have tried in the UK and Kuwait. Their packets states packed on modern type of machinery.
It is hard reality that in these cultures there is no concept of come back as soon as you have bought something it is end of story and doesn’t effect seller whether you live or die.
As soon as you complain about their stuff then be ready for their in direct revenge. Why this type of mentality. Ok these food traders importers exporters packers might be un educated but educated one are the same one. I would like to share a personal story. In these countries medicine are also victim of these people. Kuwait is fairly modern country with strict Islamic laws. I went to chemist in rowdha  coop and found out they have blood sugar monitor for sale. I have bought one and came home. I checked it and compared reading with other monitors I had but there was four points difference in new one and old. I want back few days later and reported it to the duty chemist. He took it and said he will ring after two days. After one week I went to them and asked about it. He said ok I will change it and gave me another. I came home and checked it and compared with old one’s and showing same four points difference, I went back again and then they kept it for another week or two.
While I was waiting for their call I have decided to get my money back. When I went their I told them I want my money back I have no more time to waste and bother you. The chemist on the duty said it is impossible to get your money back because you were not feeding the strip code in the monitor that’s why it was giving wrong reading. Now these suppliers have checked it fed the strip code and now monitor is fine. By the statement of the chemist I felt bit guilty and ashmed that how stupid iam to complain. Anyhow she became angry when I told her if it is not ok I will get my money back. She replied to me don’t talk like that.
I have decided to leave this matter instead of wasting time but again while I was in rowdha I popped into chemist shop and found out another chemist which was incharge of the company or chemist shop and told him whole story and asked his opinion about this matter. He told me bring back this monitor and other you have and he will check it in my presence and will compare readings with his monitor. So educated  people should be more considerate. The educated one have wasted my two trips and time and still no where. I would like to point out here they have policy with suppliers unsold goods returned to suppliers basis. I have decided to forget this matter.


One of the worst customer service I have experienced is from Safat Alghanam which is I think Kuwait’s biggest electronic goods supplier. It is not only one event but many events and every time I decide not to go there for future purchases. I better mention one instance which is related to the Safat  alghanam? in schwaikh  Kuwait which is really example of their worst service. I have ordered some mosaic tiles and went to the home furnishing section and decided to buy one chair. I got all information about the chair from their sales person and paid for this at their counter. As soon as I have finished with payment  I have asked that person what about If I don’t like this chair? He replied you have checked it on display so you cannot return it. I told him I have changed my mind and don’t want this chair. I want my money back. To get my money back it was like hell of negotiations and then shouting. The strange thing is they have asked me to give them photo copy of my identity card which made my blood boiling till now. I have asked them you just received my money and what the hell you want my identity card copy for? I didn’t ask you for any identity when gave you my money. They gathered about ten people around me including manager and started by explaining that it is their part of policy to get copy of id card on refund. I asked them who made this policy?  Iam not going to accept this type of policy by say just give my money back.  At the end I manage to get my money back but cashier had bit angry looking. Why? I told him you are not doing me any favour because you returned my money back. I have long list of complaints about their customer service and picked up one customer opion card from one of their shop and when I have time I will fill it and return it to them and write about their responsed

No comments: